BBQ’s in our household usually consist of a fire, a lot of grog, mates and of course the mean machine, the barbeque itself. Yes, I know, above is not a particularly mean looking bbq but it does the job.
The boys spent the afternoon chopping wood. Timber we had found strewn all over the garden, a lot of it from a 30 year old rotten chook shed that we had dismantled. Yes we purchased a reno, and no, we don’t have any money to renovate it.
The kids ran around and played until they fell asleep stuffed, way past their bedtime.
The boys made sure to have the TV set up outside so that they could still see the footy game while they sat around the fire.
The toilet shifted to the green patch at the side of the house. I suppose the boys were becoming more water conscious as the night went on. Didn’t want to flush the toilet too many times. Australia does run out of water after all.
Various games began when the kids eventually buggered off to bed. And I mean that in the nicest way possible my angels. When I say games I just mean stupid things that happened to happen. My bloke isn’t some kind of aussie party planner or anything.
– knuckle wars
– who can epilate their legs for the longest – hand-held devil machine I received for mothers day, hint???
– wheres my beer gone
– invite the neighbour’s
– who can mix the most types of alcohol and still stand up
When all of the light entertainment had ended I retired to bed. I have a baby to wake up for and a toddler who won’t care if I’m hungover in the morning. It’d be nice if you could ask your 2 year old for a paracetamol and a berocca! Oh yeah, and tell your 3 month old to make make her own bottle, mummy can’t look at another bottle! I wish.
Now you have be really careful the next day. Especially when you go to bed early and miss most of the night. There are a few things you need to remember.
1. Don’t trust any kitchen towels, its highly likely they’ve been used to wipe up something gross. Don’t bother with the sniff test, just wash. Dish rags again, could have been used anywhere. Wash.
3. You’ll never know if red stains are wine or blood. Disinfect.
4. You’ll find beer bottles for weeks, you may even find one that has exploded in the freezer.
5. Chuck out all grated cheese. Don’t trust it. Someone has usually stood there munching it straight from the packet straight after pissing in the green patch!
Morning walk around the garden to inspect the damage!!